Sunday, February 2, 2014

Butterfly mobile

As of January I'm participating in the Harry Potter House Cup on Ravelry. I was sorted in Hufflepuff after filling out a short quiz. The game is similar to the one in the books and movies. The four houses collect points and the one that collects the most is going to be the winner of the Cup. The participants receive points for knitted and crocheted goods and also for hand-dyeing or spinning yarn. The projects can be turned in as homework for classes.

I made this mobile for the Hufflepuff Baby Brigade. This team sends out gifts for future Hufflepuff mommies. The little witches and wizards get socks, diaper covers, hats and toys too.

I made the butterflies following the pattern, but the rest was pretty much my own work. You can find the FREE pattern here.



And here is the badge I got for making the mobile:


2 comments:

  1. What a pretty mobile! The beads were a very nice touch. The baby will love looking at this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I used yellow ones, they are supposed to be rays of sunlight.

      Delete